Would you like to use the Facebook Marketplace service but can’t seem to find the icon? Well, there are a few reasons the icon is missing from your account. Keep reading to find out these reasons.
Why Facebook Marketplace Icon is Missing
Reasons for missing Marketplace icon will be discussed in this post under two sub categories – one being for new Marketplace service users and the other for existing Marketplace service users.
Reasons for Missing Marketplace icon
A. New Marketplace Users
If you’ve never used the Marketplace service on your Facebook account, but yet can’t find the icon, the reasons could stem from the following.
1) You’re under the age of 18 years – Facebook only allows users up to the age of 18 and above to use this service.
2) Unavailability of service in your country – The Marketplace service is only supported in 50 countries as of now. If you’re not from any of these regions, you’ll not have access to the service. Countries supported include the US, UK, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, Mexico, India, etc.
3) You’re using the iPod Touch – All Android and iOS devices can access thee Marketplace service except the iPod Touch.
4) Your Facebook account us new – Not all new users are allowed access to this service. This is Facebook’s way of ensuring that scammers blocked from previous accounts don’t set up new ones to make fake sales.
5) Dynamic Menu – Facebook shortcut features/links appear on the left side of the Facebook page based on how frequent you use them. Being that you’ve never used the Marketplace service, its link will likely not be shown in this area. However, tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) should make more features/links visible, including that of the Marketplace.
B. Existing Users
Reason for missing Marketplace icon on existing users’ accounts could be from;
1) Dynamic Menu – If you’ve gone for a some time without using the Marketplace service, it’s link will gradually descend to the bottom and will eventually not be visible. Tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines icon) will expose more shortcuts/links including that of the Marketplace.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
If you do not have Facebook Marketplace on your account, a few hacks can be applied to get it – being that you’re eligible to access it. These include;
- Logging out and logging back into your account.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling your Facebook app.
- Changing your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace.