Have you been hearing people talk about the Facebook Marketplace? Would you like to explore the feature and get to find out what it is all about and how it works? This post will guide you on how to do just that. First and foremost, the Marketplace feature is a medium where sellers on the Facebook community advertise their items for prospective buyers still on the Facebook community to choose from to acquire. The feature is not available in all countries however, but if available in yours, you can access it and start searching for items of your choice to buy straight from your mobile device.
How to Find the Marketplace on Facebook
Like earlier stated, the Facebook Marketplace service is not available everywhere, but only in specific countries like the US, Mexico, UK, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Greece, India and a few other countries. Also, if the service is available in your country, you have to be up to the age of 18 years to be able to use it. Once you fit the criteria, the service is available for your use both on iOS and Android devices. This feature is quite easy to find. To find it,
- Just login to your Facebook account and click on the “shop” looking icon on the left side of your Facebook page.
- You’ll now be given different options including Sell, Categories, Search and Your Items.
- You’re at liberty to perform any function by selecting any of the options, depending on what you wish to do.
How to Join Facebook Free Marketplace
- Log into your Facebook account and click the Shop looking icon. Facebook will provide you more information on how to proceed with joining the platform.
- You will need to add items you are selling as prompted by Facebook. You can add multiple photos if you like seeing as Facebook does not charge you for that unlike other online marketplaces.
- Enter a title, something brief and catchy that easily describes what you are selling to your target audience. You are limited to 100 character limits by Facebook while entering your title, so you have to make it as brief and as catchy as possible.
- Facebook will then ask you to describe the items you are selling; you need to add detailed information about the items you are selling.
- Then you can add a price for the items you are selling which is often displayed in your local currency, which you can change later if you wish.
- Then choose a location and a category your products fall into the list provided. Your products will be advertised in the locations you choose.
- Once you have followed these steps accurately, Facebook will make your items visible for people in your location to find. Your items will be taken to a management area where you can easily communicate with buyers and update your items info.
How to Find Items to Buy on Marketplace
Items are sectioned into different category in the Marketplace; you can find what to buy through the Categories option in Marketplace. You can Search Facebook Marketplace listings and find out items near you to purchase; you can find items ranging from clothes, gadgets, vehicles, real estate and used items placed on sale in the Marketplace by people in your area. To buy from the Marketplace, follow these steps stated below;
- On your Facebook app; click the store icon at the top of your page below the search bar, this will open the marketplace.
- Tap the CATEGORIES link at the top of the page to view the list of all the item categories on marketplace, you can scroll through categories to find recent posts from all categories.
- Then choose a specific category to view, there are categories for jobs, rentals, vehicles, items from people and more. Once you select a particular category, you can view recent posts in that particular category.
- You can still decide to search for the items you wish to buy by using the marketplace search bar; you can simply type the keywords on the search bar and tap the search button to find items.
- If you find an item you are interested in, you can click on the item to view its details. Just tap the picture or title to enable you to open the details of the item.
- Click on ASK FOR DETAILS to automatically send a message to a seller to know if the item is still available for sale.
- Tap the MESSAGE button to write a message to the seller to ask them directly about the item you wish to buy.
- Then you can tap SAVE to save the post to your saved page which would make it easy for you to locate the item later if you are really interested in buying it.
That’s it on buying items from the Facebook Marketplace.