So Facebook allows users to tag friends to photos and posts. This helps draw friends’ attention to them, seeing as they get notified of the tag when they sign in to their account. This could be a really useful feature if said photos or posts may be of import to the “taggees“. Sadly, more often than not, people get tagged to photos/posts which they could not care less for.
More importantly, you may find yourself being tagged to a photo/post which is obnoxious. Your association with such could raise questions concerning your persona by friends, relatives or even employer. Most of the time, the photo/post in question may not even sit well with you, personally.
If this is the case, you don’t have to live like that. You can quietly extricate yourself from such photos/posts by getting untagged from them. Wondering how to go about doing that? Read below to find out.
How to Get Untagged from Facebook Photo/Post Tags
Follow the steps listed below;
- Click on the v-shaped icon on the top right corner of the photo/post.
- Select Remove Tag from the options.
With these steps completed, you will have untagged yourself from the photo or post.
How to Get Untagged from Multiple Facebook Photos at Once
- Access your Activity log
- Click Photos. This is on the left hand column.
- Check the box which is to the left of the photos you wish to get untagged from.
- Click Report/Remove Tags. This can be found at the top of the page.
- Click Untag Photos to complete the procedure.
You’ll be untagged from all the photos which you checked.